Monday, February 2, 2009

There's always a silver lining!

Okay, I have a confession...I am a magazine junkie! Magazines of all sorts and topics...I love to read the stories, soak in the ideas, and admire the colors of the photos. While I have often thought I should go digital and get all my info online, there is something wonderful about the written word on paper...and then it happened. Over the last couple of weeks, some of my favorite magazines have sent me these horrid white postcards saying basically, "we're closing up shop!" Well, like all the other news that continues to flow in every day, this isn't pleasant.

HOWEVER, it is an opportunity for me to finally make that transition to a more paperless world. There is a strong theme during these challenging economic times, and it goes something like this: "While it may be more difficult to reach out and grab all those things we have come to accept as our needs, habits, desires..., it is also a time to create change within our lives and shake up into something new. There is always a silver lining if you look for it." How many magazines have I piled up over the years, and now I can take the time to actually implement the ideas I loved so much. Whenever there is wearing away on one level, there is growth on another. This a huge time of growth for all of us! Where's your silver lining?

0 comments: