Need a great idea for an earth day art project? How about making banks by re-using coffee cans or large lidded yogurt containers? Here's what you need:
- Each participant needs a lidded coffee can or large yogurt container.
- Teacher/Parent/Adult cut a slit in each lid large enough for coins or dollars to fit through.
- Kids: Use magazines to clip out colorful pictures of things you like. Perhaps choose pictures of things you would like your savings to buy.
- Paste pictures on the can using either glue sticks or Modge Podge (sold at craft stores and works like papier-mache glue).
- After everyone completes their cans, take turns sharing about the pictures you chose--remember dreams are more likely to come true if we put them down on paper and if we verbalize them!
- Enjoy saving for your dreams so that they may come true! My can has a beautiful picture of the Eiffel Tower!