We spend a large chunk of our lives sleeping as it is recommended that the average adult should be getting around 8 hours of sleep per night. I know personally that this isn't the case for millions of people...and the obsession to get a few zzz's can be exhausting! If you are not sleeping well...you might want to look around your bedroom space.
- To create your ideal slumber zone, remove those things in your room that clutter the space...magazines and books that you want to read, work that needs to be done, laundry that needs to be put away. Often these visual "to dos" can be enough to disturb a decent slumber...who can sleep with so much to get done?
- And how about under your bed...is there a whole other world under there? All this clutter could be encumbering your slumber because the positive energy flow is literally blocked. Take an account of what is under your bed, and if you don't remember it being there, maybe it is time to do some clearing. Find another place for all those shoes! At the very minimum, make sure there is some order to what is under your bed so it is not a graveyard of the past.
- Choose colors that soothe your soul such as light colors...soft pinks, yellows or greens. Cool colors...lavenders and blues. Red, while one of my favorites, is not an ideal color for a bedroom...it excites and brings too much energy...same with orange. Leave those for the dining room!
- Bring in soothing scents...lavender is one of my favorites...but keep it light so it doesn't overpower.
- Turn down the lights and cover the windows with succulent fabrics that really create a beautiful nest for your dreams.
- And the biggest thing (I know I am going to hit a sore spot here) to remove is the television...it is such a drain! However, if you must have your tube, place it in a cabinet, armoire or drape it so it isn't "staring at you all night."
- The same could be said of digital clocks...the reminder that it is 2:00 a.m. and you're awake begins to create the vicious cycle of "I should be sleeping! Why can't I sleep....!!!" Move the clocks so you don't have to see them immediately.