Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'll have an espresso with a side of Mixed Greens!

I love when companies are creative in their eco-efforts...today when I stopped for my espresso at Starbucks, I noticed the word, "FREE!" Well, who doesn't want something free? At a closer look, it was a bag of coffee grounds that are for composting gardens. What a great idea! I compost my daily grinds and found it totally cool that Starbucks is doing the same thing. It is one less thing in the landfill...and it costs them literally nothing to do the right thing. So I did what every eco-chick would do...I grabbed a bag for my Mixed Greens garden! Way to go Starbucks! To learn more about how Starbucks is making a difference to help the planet, click here: http://www.starbucks.com/sharedplanet/ourGoals-environmental.aspx

0 comments: