Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Star that You Are!


“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” I saw this quote today in a recent copy of boho magazine…and immediately it was posted on my wall where I could see it every day! What an amazing notion…that we each have a style and expression that is completely unique! So…what are we afraid of? Why do we assume that someone else may know better?


In my work, my goal is more than just to re-position a piece furniture or creatively slice cheese…it is to uncover the style of the person whose home this is or to help the the hostess of the party shine. It is easy enough to order things from Pottery Barn or to assume that Martha, Oprah, or Rachel has all the good ideas…but in reality, they are just the spring board…a place to jump, dive and explore…who are you and what do YOU like?

0 comments: