Friday, July 31, 2009

Toast to a great weekend!


It's Friday...where did this week speed off to? What an amazing five days... I spent time teaching 6 youngsters culinary basics at Celebrity Kitchens here in Wilmington...they were great chefs and cool kids. Working with them is keeping me young and hip (I say "hip" because I think I gained a few this week testing their creations!)
One down note this week was the passing of a dear lady that I know...Dolores...someone who inspired me to just get out there and do it! While she will be sincerely missed, I know she is going to be around us as a little angel from above...encouraging us to sieze the moment!
So for all the things we have to be thankful and for all the people we love...let's raise a glass to this weekend and say "cheers!" As promised, here is my recipe for a delicious Sangria! Enjoy!
Freshly Squeezed, Delightful Sangria!
  • 1 cup orange juice (if you have fresh oranges, squeeze them baby!)
  • the juice from one lemon
  • the juice from one lime
  • 1/2 cup superfine sugar (they sell this by the box near regular sugar at the market)
  • a medium pitcher--1/2 filled with crushed ice
  • 1 bottle of red wine (don't use your best stuff, this is good for the $3 bottle!)
Pour all the ingredients together in the pitcher and give it a stir. Garnish with frozen grapes, slices of orange, lemons, limes...blueberries, strawberries...you get the idea. Rub the rim of your glasses with a lemon, roll in sparkling sugar, and serve the sangria!

0 comments: