Monday, August 31, 2009

another day in paradise

It was one of those days...just back after a really challenging week, and I was trying to get through some work on my desk. The kids were outside my window having a blast so I was just humming along...then I heard, "Mom is going to be mad." Naturally, I had to look to see what the deal was...everyone covered in mud. What started out as a project to "weed the garden and plant some flowers" ended up with a little friend taking the hose to make the world's largest mud pie.
My immediate reaction was $#$%!@% ! (although I didn't say that)....don't they know what I have to do today?? I hardly need another load of laundry!!! Then it hit me.
When I looked upon my mud puppies, I started to think about all this stuff that I write, and if I am going to say it, then I better live it. Instead of screaming at the top of my lungs, I grabbed my camera and started to smile...then laugh. Maybe I needed to be reminded that life isn't so serious after all.

0 comments: