My house is "pregnant with possibility"...often it takes me months to get all my great ideas into reality...a constant work in progress. After being married for over a decade, all those wonderful things we got as newly-weds are starting to show their wear...one item that really needed some help was our poor little bathroom scale.Now let me start by saying that this little fella is my nemesis...someone I really don't look forward to seeing. However, over the years it has been handy (for making me stay away from Snicker bars), and it needed a face lift. With five minutes, some Modge Podge, clear contact paper, a cute piece of 12x12 background paper...voila! We up-scaled for pennies!
Here's how to make weighing in a cheery thing:
- Wipe off your scale to make sure you have a clean, dry surface.
- Trace your scale on the back of the 12x12 background paper, and cut out the template.
- Stick the template design face down onto the sticky side of the contact paper, carefully so as to avoid wrinkles and bubbles. (The contact paper is going to protect the paper surface when your feet are wet.)
- Cut off the excess contact paper.
- Spread an even coat of Modge Podge on surface of the scale where you want your template to stick.
- Carefully line up the edges and smooth out the template piece over your scale.
- If you have a indented register like mine, cut out the area over the reading panel with an Exacto knife and remove that piece.
- Place a heavy book on the top to make sure it adheres securely.