Friday, September 11, 2009

walking toward the light

Will our hearts always feel heavy on this day? I heard a father tell a story of the two sons he lost in the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001...he spoke with such peace and understanding about their service and that his last words with them were, "I love you." They died helping others like so many that day. I am thinking and praying for my husband's cousins who were in WTC that day, the miracle of their safely getting out, and the legacy they live as they bring new children into a world that almost disappeared for them. Hope lives on.


While the tears flow so freely today, life continues and hope calls us to keep moving forward. As one survivor said, "I just kept walking toward the light." Without forgetting those whose lives were lost that day, we reach out to one another in love and find community in our hope...as we too walk toward the light.

0 comments: