There are some amazing surprises of living in a country manor such as this...here are my top 10:
- Waking to the endless sky...whether it be a spectacular sunrise or an overcast day, there's no hiding from Mother Nature. She's got your number. Clear evenings reveal stars that were just waiting to be discovered.
- Well water...I never realized how much chlorine was in the public water I was drinking. We got lucky because our water is crystal clear and fresh!
- Windows...not exactly sure of how I will wash these tall beauties, but for now, I am enjoying the light that streams through the wavy panes.
- The mystery of who lived here before and wondering what they thinking when they made changes to the house...a positive and a challenge!
- The little breakfast spots that make the best French toast and coffee.
- Figuring out how to arrange furniture in colonial sized rooms.
- Making choices about what to keep. I have made a new rule...shop for only the best, but get less...there's not a lot of extra storage space in my house and over time, it occurred to me that it is okay to purge. Smaller collections of only the finest have more power.
- Exploring the hilly road and spaces.
- Not shopping at chains...there is something special when you know the people who make the food you eat and the things you need.
- The quiet.
What are the 10 favorite things about your home?
Photo credit: Suze Moore